Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Receiving Blanket Remix


Even though Sora is far too big to need receiving blankets, I have a hard time letting some of my favorites go. I have 6 blankets that match the decor of her nursery, which is strange when you really think about their purpose and the fact that I was trying to dress my baby to match her bedding.

Now that she is in a toddler bed, she has been upgraded to a pillow and blanket. Of course, we had matching blankets, but the nursery set didn't come with a pillow case. When even my husband commented on how scratchy her pillow case was, I knew I had to do something.


I took her existing pillow case measurements and structure and designed a similar pillow case from one of her many receiving blankets. The whole process took about 30 minutes.

While I am proud that her pillow now matches the rest of the decor, I would be doing my crafty roots a disservice by not mentioning that my grandmother was the one who inspired me to repurpose these blankets with a quilt that she made from receiving blankets and a curtain panel. I guess thinking outside of the package runs in the family!

1 comment: