Monday, December 27, 2010

Asparagus Felt Food - Mini Tutorial

My mother is an amazing garage saler. I am jealous of her patience and navigating skills. I have big plans to follow in her foot steps this spring. Last year, when I was looking for a night stand to turn into a play kitchen, my mother instead brought me a wooden kitchen that she found for $5. This type of kitchen would sell for over $100, so I graciously accepted it rather than spend much more than $5 to make my own.

This means that for Christmas this year, Sora got a gaggle of felt food. I found many great tutorials, but did not find any for asparagus, which my husband specifically requested. I did find a great broccoli tutorial from Elemental Stitches. Using the same technique, I modified it to also make asparagus.
To make the asparagus, cut a piece of felt 1"x12". Fold in half to make a piece 1"x6" and cut several short slits in the fold, closer together and shorter than the broccoli. Roll, stitch, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment