Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Peasant Top Dress Twist

Being inspired by Haybird's Blog, I made a dress for Sora during her nap yesterday. It was great to feel creative again after all of the holiday gifts I made.
With a serger, this was a 2 hour project from cutting to shirring the top. And it fits great!

The only thing I didn't think about was the fact that I was adding extra fabric to a baby's chest, which of course is non existent. While it fits well overall, it's definitely something to think of if I make this dress again. Maybe less gathering or more shirring?

1 comment:

  1. I think it's adorable! ;) I was inspired by a dress my husbands grandmother had made for my daughter. It was gathered at the bodice in the front - something I hadn't seen before!
    And what a sweet model!
    Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete