Saturday, December 11, 2010

Stockings

Last year was the first Christmas that we felt like a true family, rather than just a married couple. To celebrate, I made us matching stockings. I used felt and traced out a pattern that seemed stocking sized, then appliqued the top of each stocking before sergering them together with decorative red thread.  

We lived in a tiny house last year, and I finished them right before Christmas Eve, so there wasn't really a great place to display them. One of the best things about our new home is that we have a fireplace, where the stockings can be hung with care for weeks before Christmas.
I must admit that I stalk Etsy for good ideas and then modify them for my own household. The owl stocking, which is Sora's signature animal, was born of that creative process.

No comments:

Post a Comment