Monday, December 19, 2011

Handmade Christmas Ornaments

Our daughter asked for a tiny tree this year, which gave us a great excuse to include only handmade ornaments! I've been waiting for this day for years.

Here are some of my favorites:

Football for Kyle. I used felt to sew this simple ornament a few years ago.

 Mini mittens for me. Back in the pre-child day, I used to love to knit.

 Sweater for me. To commemorate a sweater that I started pre-child being finally complete.

Paper balls. I love these ornaments! I made 9 from 7 12"x12" sheets (for $1 total). They are made of 12 pieces shaped like a flower with 6 petals each and interwoven together. I'm sure a few will be crushed during the year, but they are cheap and relatively quick to make.

Monrovian star. I didn't make this one personally, but since we bought it (for $.25) at a local museum, I have been obsessed with them! They will be featured in a later post.

And two owls for Sora. Both are self designed, with a lot of inspiration from Etsy browsing.

No comments:

Post a Comment