Spacial reasoning has never been my strong suit. I'm embarrassed to admit that I mess up almost once per project in a major way. Usually, like in baking, it has to do with the fact that I don't read ahead before rushing in, then make assumptions which turn out to be incorrect. Case in point: this simple and adorable top. You would think that with just three pieces (two bodice and one bottom) that I would get it right the first time. Oh, no! At first, I cut the top the wrong direction - being convinced that it went one way when it most certainly did not. After sewing on the biased tape, I realized my mistake. The top was too small and needed lined anyway, so it worked out for the best. Then, while cutting the second (larger and correct direction) bodice, I folded the fabric to cut two pieces without realizing the back was upside down from the front which caused me to have to cut yet another bodice (just one luckily).
The pattern is the Summer Nightie from One Yard Wonders.