Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dress Up Mania

Lately, we have been playing a lot of dress up at our house. Sora's obsessed with acting out scenes from Goldilocks and Little Red Riding Hood. Our dress up box was overfilled! I finally decided to do something about it.

I have been saving this box in the basement for a long time with a dress up closet in mind. My sweet husband cut the dowel and came up with a system to keep it in place with nuts and bolts. I had wanted handles for the "doors", but it's already full, so maybe having it open isn't a bad idea.
Now that we had more adequate storage, Sora was in need of more clothes for the closet. We scoured the thrift store for some essentials: a medical top, a tiny blazer, a slip, a bathrobe. We also scoured the dollar store and came up with a fireman's hat and a dinosaur head. 



After looking around on Pinterest, I found this tutorial for a reversible play vest. I really liked the red stripe edge from this tutorial, so I combined them by using bias tape around the edges rather than turning inside out. Perfect for both a fireman and a pirate!


 I also found this tutorial for a cape. This might be my new go-to pattern for gifts since it's so fun and easy!

I used laundry bags from the dollar store as my "fabric" for the cape. Admittedly, it's not my best work and I'm hoping to make another royalty-related cape out of actual fabric to make up for it.

I'm sure this will be an ever evolving closet for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment