Monday, March 21, 2011

Easy Present

Sora loves "projects" and it is hard to find age appropriate things that she can do that are actually meaningful. A friend of Sora's has a birthday this week, so I was trying to come up with a good present when I came across this tutorial for five stones. I sewed up the bags and had Sora fill them with dried beans. It was the perfect toddler contribution to the present! Yes, it took more time to have her do it than if I had just done it myself, but Sora has been excited about this present for days now, which I am sure has to do with the fact that she helped make it. We also test drove the bean bags to make sure they were fun to play with. This probably means I will need to make something similar for Sora soon.
The drawstring bag was a Maleah original, and if I make another one there will be a mini-tutorial soon. I had to include it with the bags because I am in love with this fabric, but the bags are too small to see the guitar detail. Plus, I love organization!

No comments:

Post a Comment