Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jump Rope Dress

Okay, I admit that I have been dress obsessed lately. There is still snow on the ground, and there was measurable snow yesterday, so my escape into dress sewing reminds me of the fact that spring and summer will be here some day. Plus, I can justify it because we are starting to think about potty training and dresses seem a lot easier to deal with than pants to me.
I am in love with this fabric! I still have some scraps of the tree fabric as well as the accent fabric, but I don't have any brilliant ideas yet on how to best utilize them. I am also in love with this dress pattern from Oliver + S (Sora's dress is view B). Their patterns are worth every penny. I love all of the details and have used this pocket pattern on two other dresses already! 


This dress makes Sora feel like dancing! I can't wait until the weather is a little nicer so that we can do outdoor photo shoots. Sora's getting a little antsy with the indoor photo shoots and it's hard to get a good picture!

This dress uses interfacing in the collar, which somehow came loose in the wash and now the collar doesn't lay as well as it should. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to take it all out and redo it or if it's an imperfection I can live with... Still undecided.

No comments:

Post a Comment